I have had many people on the forum wondering how to use Thumbos, First the “change-log”:
# title :thumbos
# description :Loads disk images to thumbdrive from the CLI.
# author :theemahn
# date :04/27/2014
# version :1.0.8
# usage :thumbos –help
# manual :man thumbos
# notes :See change-log below for further information.
* Initial Internal Beta release
* Bug fixes
* Erase feature added.
* Test feature added.
* Display ISO and Image info
* Minor bugfix see comment in code.
* Supress errors if end user does not possess a thumbdrive, exit graciously.
* Edited erase routine, NTFS set as default.
* Added partition detection function in case user has multiple partitions on the thumbdrive.
* Added initial ©Microsft Windows support & detection routine.
* Adjustment to test function when booting ISO’s
* Added cpu core(s) & memory size detection set VM based on detected hardware.
* Added ntfsprogs to dependancy list, direct check on mkfs.ntfs Broken symlink: The symlink to mkfs.ntfs is wrong. A bug report has been filed.
* Added Eyecandy routines borrowed code from repostorm
* Added notifications and sound, ThumbOS now talks to you.
* Bug Fix: Columize function info output in wrong column.
* Add more comments to code, we are here to learn right?
* Fixed scan function if 2 unknowns are found no output.
* Appended detected size MB / GB etc. Calculating disk sizes smartly up to 999 Yottabytes.
* Added fix for 0 thumbdrives detected. Report and exit.
* Added code for X11 detection in test function.
* Wrote Thumbos initial manpages, postscript and pdf manuals.
Most importantly wrote a manual for it
Release: Ultimate Edition Thumbos
Filesize: 29KB (30,080 bytes)